Computer help for Senior Citizens
No longer do seniors only have their grandchildren to turn to for gadget help.
With the technology available today computer help for Senior Citizens is readily available. The challenge is finding a trustworthy technician. Introducing That Tech Jeff!
Best Online Computer Help For Seniors.
Many computer experts out there do not have what is necessary to successfully provide computer help for seniors. I believe I stand out as the best tech support for seniors for several reasons:
It’s important to be patient with senior customers, as they may not be as familiar with technology as younger generations. They may also have difficulty understanding instructions or using certain websites. Here is what I strive to provide my senior clients:
- I am always clear and concise in my instructions. I speak to you in English not Tech!
- I use simple language and avoid technical jargon.
- I am very patient if you ask for help, make a mistake, or need more time.
- I’ll walk you through the steps or provide additional resources.
- I am always understanding if you become or are frustrated or confused.
These are just a few of the things I do to help make the online computer help experience less stressful and more enjoyable for seniors.
A word of warning about getting computer help online
I pride myself in begin honest and fair with my customers in need of online computer help. However not everyone is honest. A few tips about getting computer help online:
NEVER believe a pop up telling you your PC is infected – even if it says its from Microsoft. These pop up virus warnings are fake.
Your online computer helper should never be the one reaching out to you. When you need computer help you will be quite aware of it yourself. You should always be the one reaching out for help and never the other way around!
By realizing that no one but you knows how your computer is doing you can be confident that any pop ups or phone calls telling you that your computer is infected is likely fake.
Why Not Every Computer Technician is Qualified:
Not every computer technician possesses the skills and understanding required to assist senior citizens effectively. Here are some reasons:
- Lack of Patience: Patience is a key trait when assisting seniors, as they may take longer to grasp concepts or perform tasks. Technicians lacking patience may become frustrated or rush through explanations, leaving seniors feeling overwhelmed.
- Inadequate Communication Skills: Effective communication is essential when working with senior citizens. Technicians need to explain complex concepts in a simple and easy-to-understand manner. Those who struggle with communication may create confusion.
- Failure to Prioritize Security: Senior citizens can be more vulnerable to online scams and threats. A technician who does not prioritize security and educate seniors on safe online practices puts them at risk.
- Inflexibility: Technicians who adhere rigidly to standard procedures may not adapt to the unique needs of senior citizens. Flexibility is crucial to accommodate varying levels of tech proficiency.
- Lack of Empathy: Empathy is vital when working with seniors who may be embarrassed or anxious about their tech struggles. Technicians who lack empathy can unintentionally cause emotional distress.
- Inadequate Training: Many computer technicians are not specifically trained to work with seniors or understand the challenges associated with aging. Without proper training, they may not be aware of best practices for helping older adults.
That Tech Jeff offers safe and friendly computer help for Seniors located anywhere in the U.S.
With more than 1200 trusted reviews combined, you can easily connect with Jeff from the comfort of your home.